Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I AM NOT GIRL CRAZY: Something About BRUNETTES ^_^

Taylor Swift sporting BRUNETTE hair ^_^
I tried writing this to Van Halen; I realized fifteen minutes later that will never work >_< PANAMA! (cue EPIC air guitar solo) PANAMA!

I lived for almost thirty years now, and the most common hair colour I noticed, since I was fourteen, is BRUNETTE. There are many different shades of BRUNETTE: Chocolate BRUNETTE, BRUNETTE with highlights, BRUNETTE with one or a pair of silver swooshes coming down with one on each side of the face... ^_^ What? Oh yeah o_O However, various shades of BRUNETTE are not what this blog is about, at least not today...!

I started this week talking about BRUNETTES because, for over half of my life, most of the significant friendships and relationships I had growing up were with BRUNETTES (Not all at once, mind you, or a big time amount). For example, I go back to a story about how I met one of the first good BRUNETTE friends I had in high school. Now, I was shy and since it was my first year of high school, I didn't know enough about food to know that if I ate too much I would become HUGE. On one particular September lunch period, this one girl walked up to this loner goofball kid (PHIL), who was sitting alone at a desk facing the wall by the garbage cans, and she asked him if he wanted to sit with her and her friends at an actual table in the cafeteria. I was reluctant at first, but after a day or so I eventually became a regular at the big table. Sure enough, the shy kid also began making more friends, most of which are still around today; whether he is still a goofball is up for debate o_O Nevertheless, I still appreciate what that girl did for me in high school. Plus, that was when I started thinking and praying about finding someone like her to build a super-meaningful, no-cut contract life with ^_^ (For another story about a BRUNETTE who helped change Phil's life, click on "Dear JULIA"! Do it after you finish reading this, though.)


No, I did not and still don't go out and check out only BRUNETTES, because that would be stupid and narrow-minded. There is a whole rainbow of super awesome girls out there: You must want to treat each of them with respect, and then there is a strong possibility one will call you her "Mr. Right". In addition, I was only fourteen at that time, so I had a lot to learn about being a dude, what ladies look for, and why it's important not to burp in public. Not quite a tangent: When you read or write about burping, do you feel the need to burp, guys? Social burping, which is not unlike social yawning. Alright, moving on...

In hindsight, I notice that in specific and well-timed moments in life, some of those really good friendships I had were with BRUNETTES! I also noticed, even when I was a goofball or I did idiot-level things in life, they were patient, really good listeners, hospitable, and had lots of friends. STEREOTYPE BUSTER: With that said, I know lots of girls of various hair colours who are also patient and hospitable, and I thank them for putting up with some goofball characters, and for people as ridiculous and wacky as me. However, there are some BRUNETTES that aren't so good at being virtuous, and we need to pray for them, too.

It was possible, in that high school story, to stay or leave that desk by the garbage cans, and sit at another table with a different bunch of folks, or maybe the same group. However, all of the misconceptions I had sitting at that desk would go with me, and I wouldn't know as much about people as I do know. When you do something 'uncommon', take that extra step, and do something kind for someone, you never know what's going to happen, but both you and that other person will not be the same again.

So, the perfect woman for Phil may or may not be a BRUNETTE, but over the years I learned the perfect woman for Phil is patient, a really good listener, hospitable, and someone I should honour and respect at all cost.

Dear BRUNETTES, Stay awesome...and tied for first. Thanks, Phil ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment