Monday, March 5, 2012

GCB: Why Do I Feel Bad About This?

Dear TopGear, when one of you want to retire, please give me your job. Thanks! ^_^
I wanted to write about why GCB is so terrible, and I couldn't do it; I felt convicted, however, because in some way I am responsible for this "perception" of what living out your faith looks like, and I know enough it should not look like that.

I don't watch as much television as I used to for MANY reasons, most of which are yet to be cancelled, but one of the few reasons I have is because I would rather write stuff like this for you to read and help construct your opinion on various topics. I wrote on my Facebook page when Batman: The Animated Series and TopGear UK: Seasons 2-15 come out on NetFlix, I would subscribe to the online video store, buy up as many episodes of those great series as I can, convince the nations of the world to extend each day by one hour, watch them non-stop 25 hours a day, and laugh out loud for the rest of my life. As I type that out, there are loads of people, both here in Canada and abroad, who have various issues with those shows, and that's great!

Why is that great? o_O

Bat-Glare: Making criminals do the exact opposite of what they want to do since 1939
My mentor reminds every year that accountability and integrity are what you have when no one is around. The fact he reminds me every year means I need reminding at least once every year o_O, but that is okay. I'm fortunate to have mentors and to mentor people in my life, because that feeling of conviction is less about feeling guilty and more about wanting us to succeed. What you need should become what you want, instead of what you want being what you need; does that make sense? So forget NetFlix, or driving Ferraris and Wiesmann Porsche automobiles through the backwoods of southern France; let's return to the scene of the crime, because I hope if someone asked me a question they couldn't understand about GCB, I hope I could answer it because (1) They thought enough about me to ask, which is incredibly humbling. (2) God prepared me in advance to address their questions, so I must do my best to answer them fully and without delay or distraction. (3) There is a disconnect between whatever program they saw on television and the reality in which they live, and the need to address it outweighs the want to chase that dream.

I have my "Cancel GCB" placard in my room, but before I take to the streets I must address the conviction I have about how much a "Christian" I claim to be, check if I am really living up to standards set not by other people, but by the God I believe in, and analyze if there is something in my life preventing me from racing out into the street and chanting until my voice goes hoarse, once I address it, then I go bananas and stomp all over GCB tapes.

As you can see, I'm not a television person; The only entertainment I get from screens is the news, sports, CTFxC, and the occasional video game. Nowadays, I'm into "Skeet Shooting" from "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games". PULL!

No comments:

Post a Comment