Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Girl Before Taylor Swift

BAM, HEADSHOT! Uh oh...I forgot how to blink o_O Send water...and clamps!
Some of my faithful readers recall my many Taylor Swift references over the years, and how every other essay would include a fanciful reference to my future wife, I MEAN, the popular music artist and then a picture of her that I would stare at for...at least...

Oh, it's dark already; how did that happen? Oh...

Moving on, I admit while my whole world stops whenever the subject of Taylor Swift shows up, there was another woman who stole my heart more than a few years prior, and as I prepared to write today I realized, after all this time, I never stopped thinking about her or searching for someone like her to call my wife (Seriously, wife; not girlfriend, not boss lady, but wife, which you pronounce wee-fey ^_^). I imagine Taylor Swift would be similar to the one I'm thinking about now, because so much of the woman I'm looking for I assume Taylor is, which is dangerous o_O I mean, Taylor Swift and Mrs. Phil Wood could be two different people, but Mrs. Phil Wood will be SUPER AWESOME. Take nothing away from Taylor Swift, because she is a HIP young lady, but if I must be realistic in finding my "Future Wife", then I can't bandy that term about like it's nothing. So, with that said, let's zip several months or maybe a year in the past!

In either 2010 or 2011, my younger sister came by for a visit, and in our discussion about life and interests the subject drifted toward who we follow on Twitter. She rattled off the names of a few bloggers I didn't know much about, and just before my brain shut off, she mentioned BRIGITTE DALE. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I asked her how she knew about BRIGITTE DALE, since I knew who she was long before [my sister] did!

Sigh, isn't she lovely? ^_^ (From Brigitte Dale's Google+ page)
Brigitte Dale was the first woman I ever revered and admired to such an extent that my main goal in life was to find someone exactly like her and marry her the next day o_O, although she wouldn't actually be Brigitte Dale in the flesh -_- I started following Brigitte Dale's video blog on YouTube when I finished university, and with each vlog she would upload every week I would add to the list of characteristics I would find in "Phil's Perfect Woman" ^_^

As I look over this list now, I realize I was being really superficial. I did try to be nice and truthful about what I writing, because who I need should be who I want, and not what I want should be what I need; if you do find the latter, you still feel empty and constantly looking, whereas the former should make you bring you to a closer understanding of your role in the grand scheme, and blossom into more fruitful relationships. It would be awesome to find Brigitte Dale and tell her how fantastic she is as a person and writer, I should strive to reflect those characteristics that I am looking for, and if I'm lacking in anything trust God will satisfy my needs. Maybe, He will show me a young woman who will complete this odd-looking jigsaw puzzle named Phil Wood o_O

What does that look like?

  1. FREEDOM: If her joy and identity is found in the God she loves and worship, then she is already HIP and on the right track ^_^ Renown author and speaker Max Lucado said, "A woman should be so hidden in Christ that a man has to seek Him just to find her". I read years ago that Brigitte was a Christian; I pray this is still true, because it would give me hope that I will meet her someday and thank her for being the godly example of womanhood I was searching for all these years. It would be nice to know the young woman I'm searching for knows where or from whom her motivations and happiness come from.
  2. UNITY: She has a heart for people, so family and friends are incredibly important to her. It wouldn't surprise me if she reached out to a stranger, too. This can also mean faithfulness and trust; we should consider each other thoughts, even when we aren't together.
  3. UNDERSTANDING: We don't always get the right answer on the test, but we strive to do our best for each other. In terms of doing the right thing, there is no substitute. If we are to survive, then we must be honest and caring when faced with those trials of life, and willing to share when faced with the consequences of life. With that said, I know I'm going to Flair Flop my share of responsibilities and what not, and all I can do is hope she will be understanding of my dumb moments o_O Dry humour is a worthy trait, too. The ability to make a serious statement, which makes you laugh for hours on end, is something I pray for. If you saw any of Brigitte Dale's videos, then you know what I'm talking about.
  4. HARMONY: I love dogs, and I love cats ^_^ In my personal opinion, I wouldn't mind having a pet or two running about the home. Nothing says harmony like a home does, and that's where honour begins. If honour starts at the home, then you never leave home hungry.
  5. TRUTH: The root to our happiness must be in the truth. From where we came from to where we should wind up, everything should be laid out in black and white: Once stated and believed, whatever enters and exits our home, or more importantly our hearts, goes through the Word first.
  6. GOODNESS: This one is for me, because I must set an example so our partnership will stand the test of time. It shouldn't be a chore or part of a list of things to do, but I need to step up for my sake, and then for her.
  7. BEAUTY: Ah, you noticed this comes last, eh? Very good ^_^, and you noticed I didn't make any reference to physical appearance so far. To be honest, I'm not going to win any beauty prizes; where I am from, if someone said to you that you resemble a young Muhammad Ali, then that was the summit of "male handsomeness compliments" (Is that what it's called? o_O). While physical attraction is a component in any romantic relationship, it shouldn't start here. Something six times as powerful as outer beauty is her inner beauty, so if she has an overabundance of inner beauty, then she is "stinking attractive"!
GOOD TIMES ^_^: Brigitte Dale and groovy YouTuber Supricky06 (Chris Thompson), 2009
I'm never going to get this right, and this is as much as I learned so far about "life matters". No doubt I left a few key things out of my edited list above, but I pray God will fill those holes in my life. This is a far cry from those "I'm Not Girl Crazy" and "Movie Star Glasses Girl" essays I'm usually good at writing, but I hope to bring some comedy back into this "Just Phil" space soon ^_^ It's good to be serious every once in a while. Thanks Brigitte Dale for helping me put into words who I should be looking for in another human being. While she isn't on YouTube anymore, you can find the "DVDiva" on NextMovie.com with weekly synopses of Blu-Ray and DVD movies hitting shelves each week.

By the way, if you noticed those seven points remind you of something you heard in a song, then you are right! "The Seven Rays" by Todd Rundgren's Utopia ^_^ My favourite version of that song is from the bootleg CD from his Hartford concert in 1978: The "LOL" Version. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment