Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I AM NOT GIRL CRAZY: REDHEADS - A History

BUCKET LIST: Karaoke with Hayley Williams ^_^
If you asked the HUGE version of me what my ideal bumper sticker for my car would be, he would stop eating his Delissio Pizza long enough to say "I STOP FOR REDHEADS", and then go back to eating again -_-

I would go crazy for REDHEADS, and freckles would drive the craziness to record highs never visited before. It took a long time before I could say that all girls and hair colours are tied for first, but in my younger days REDHEADS were the rage for dudes like me, and there were hardly any dudes like me, so that is saying a lot! I knew a few things about REDHEADS years ago.
  1. There are only a few of them here.
  2. There is one over there.
  3. Phil, how did you get over there so fast?
I was terrible in high school -_- Whenever someone appeared at school after dying their hair to look like a REDHEAD, I would immediately find ways of being around them all day o_O The song "Creep" by Radiohead is for me, by the way. Perhaps it was knowing red hair colour was the most difficult to dye your hair to, or that natural red hair was the strongest and you could change it to any colour and maintain it longer than others? Maybe my crush on REDHEADS came from watching the Charlie Brown Christmas Special too many times as a kid, and the television somehow etched the picture of Freda and her "Naturally Curly Hair" into the memory sinews of my brain? Why did I consider going to Ireland a "childhood dream come true"? What about that REDHEAD from the comic books I crushed on as a kid? o_O (My brain hurts...move on, Phil!)

Of course, I always knew a few REDHEADS growing up, and they are really nice, but for whatever reason I was too much of an idiot to do anything right by them. Sure, I was a friend, and I enjoyed being friends with them, but if I wanted something more I would always blow it up somehow -_- Right now, I'm thinking of one instance where I was a complete and utter jerk, and spent the last ten years trying to make amends for what happened. In the back of my mind, whenever I came across another REDHEAD, I would think back to that moment, and be extra nice to her to make up for it somehow o_O Of course, there are those instances where occupations or life would just get in the way of really good friendships. I'm thinking of one such friendship that recently came to an end because our lives were heading in different directions: I am reluctant to call her because it would look like I'm only calling her to get something, and I didn't have a valid reason. I think about her sometimes, and not just because she's a REDHEAD, but she is a HIP person to know.

Not all my stories with REDHEADS are doom and gloom, because there is one that went really well ^_^ (She's probably reading this right now ^_^ No doubt, she'll probably kill me o_O). I went through almost five years of high school, and I only saw her in my last year in Poetry class. I never saw her before, but she sat in the back while I sat in the front pretending I was a smartypants. Studies say a guy will glance at a girl 13 times before going over to talk to her; well, those studies were wrong. I grabbed my poetry textbook, hold it in front of my face, slowly peer over the book, and glance at her before scurrying back behind the book hoping she didn't see me. Every second time I tried that, she would stare right at me! O_O By the end of the class, I was under my desk looking for safety LOL

As time progressed, I did get the courage to talk to her and we are friends ever since then. I'm glad now that the friendships I have with REDHEADS are not as checkered as they were in the past, and I appreciate all of them ^_^ Hmm, you want proof? Okay!
  1. You won't hear REDHEAD jokes from me. Partly because I don't know any, and mostly because the ones I heard don't make sense, and sound more than a tad offensive.
  2. I would lose a singing contest to Paramore lead singer Hayley Williams any day of the week, so long as we would go out for karaoke and Pho afterward (Whatever I type on the internet isn't legally binding, right? Good ^_^) 
  3. Excuse me for a moment: Hi Jessica! I miss you ^_^ #BIGHUGS. Please give a shout out to me on your next #AskWinchie show? Thanks!
  4. Thanks for following me on Twitter and reading my blog, Lissette! (Phil waving) "This was super awkward!" LOL ^_^
I know I'm missing some of the other REDHEADS, but know that I do appreciate you, and while I can't speak for your other friends, I'm sure they do as well ^_^ I slowly getting better at being genuine around REDHEADS and not going bananas, which is good, because being genuine with people and going bananas for important things like the Wizard Card Game or Jolly Rancher "Awesome Twosome" candies.

Dear REDHEADS, I'm sorry for everything. Thanks for putting up with me. Stay awesome, Phil ^_^

P.S. If you guessed that I had a crush on Black Widow (Marvel), you are so wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment