Friday, March 23, 2012

An Apology to The Nearly Deads T_T

The Nearly Deads are in town. Yes, the band I was fireselling for the past year on this blog, is in town! I earmarked the month they would arrive, and even broke the news the band would appear tonight at the Hideout in Toronto (Well, I didn't know the venue, but I knew they were coming)!

We follow each other on Twitter, we are friends on Facebook, I write about them all the time, I listen to their EP almost all the time between Todd Rundgren and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, and I even made a shocking revelation about the identity of Movie Star Glasses Girl, only to discover in another in-depth investigation I was mistaken (Movie Star Glasses Girl is elusive o_O)

They are here, I'm excited, and I discover right at the death that I made a promise to be somewhere else that night >_< Wait, what? o_O

I wanna eat a giant pizza with TND T_T
There is a teens event at my church, however unlike previous events another group is coming so tonight's event will be MASSIVE. I promised to help out, and I anticipated having a good time as we plan on cooking lots of food ^_^, and if there is time left we will try to accidentally blow up something in the kitchen. When I realized too late that the concert and the giant cook-off would be on the same day, I was a little disappointed (You cried all night), and maybe even a little miffed (You sounded one of those ugly walruses with those giant schnozes).

This is a sad day in professional sports, I MEAN, professional...music o_O

In all honesty, I should go to the cook-off. Rumour has it "mac and cheese" or possibly even "Raisin Bran" will be involved ^_^ More importantly, if you give your word and you go back on it, then you can't really be a fan of anything. It's like saying you are fan of Manchester United, but you leave for Real Madrid the moment someone offers you more money (Like that will ever happen...shifty eyes, shifty eyes). I can still support The Nearly Deads, and I'm sure they will be back in Toronto, or maybe play at another venus close-by like in Buffalo, Cleveland, Montreal, or Ushuaia, Argentina (That's close?) Of course, Ushuaia is close, google it (Don't!). I know everyone at the Hideout tonight will have a great time, and they will listen to great music played by a great band with great musicians, who happen to be great people. I wish TND loads of success tonight, and they will be super awesome on the leg of their current tour ^_^ I'm just sorry I will have to miss it T_T

"NO, I'M NOT FRUSTRATED!" - Brian Billick, NFL Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens (1999-2007)


No comments:

Post a Comment