Thursday, March 15, 2012

I AM NOT GIRL CRAZY: The Mystery of BLACK HAIR

I am forever mystified by this mystery: What is the name given for having BLACK HAIR? I have BLACK HAIR o_O, and I don't know if there is a name for having BLACK HAIR. There are brunettes and redheads, but there isn't a title for having BLACK HAIR.

I heard different things over the years, but nothing ever stuck: Goth, Shadows, Obsidians, Obsidianas, Obsidianes, Noires (Phil Wood likes this), Blue Blacks, and so on. However, like those I ran into with BLACK HAIR there wasn't a title that stuck for all time. This confuses me, even now, but there is something attractive and mysterious about BLACK HAIR.

As I learned from years of toil and trouble at the paint store, the eye picks out darker colours faster than lighter ones. I know this because, as a kid, I would scribble stuff on the recently cleaned walls of my house, Momzo would rip up a tree from the backyard, and chase me with it...! o_O

There was an "unfortunate" incident with a Goth girl in my high school days. You may recall this story from an earlier post on my blog, but I did have a part to play in the dismantling of the Goth rage at my high school. More than a few students were into Gothic art, and one of them knew that I was a Christian. In an effort to get a rise out of me, she walked right up to me in the hallway and asked what I thought of her allegiance to Goth? o_O Reluctant and nervous about answering her query, I told her I liked it, and even found it attractive on some levels (I like lots of things as a teen, that's nothing new o_O). She gave me a look like I turned seven different colours in front of her, and left scratching her head. The Goth period fizzled out after that encounter, yet in hindsight it didn't have any legs to stand on compared to today's "emo" rage o_O.


Vanessa Hudgens keeping it real, er, BLACK o_O
As I remember those days, it says a lot about how my eyes were all about externals, and the assumptions I would make based on what I saw. Then again, this whole series is about how one goofy dude would behave or act out based on the external qualities of those around him, when in fact it should be about the mysterious, and attractive inner qualities that we should promote in our lives, homes, neighbourhoods, and communities. I went to a gross amount of places in this world, and I saw BLACK HAIR most of the time ^_^ Instead of assuming things based on the colour of hair a person has, if you take the time to ask and find out about one person you will find an entire world's worth of complex things that set that person apart from everyone else. If you are a believer like me, then you know that if you consistently ask questions, seek good counsel, and open the door to whom that motivates you or someone to act a certain way or believe a certain thing, in the end you will find things you didn't expect to find. BLACK HAIR doesn't need to be a mystery or have a name; just open your eyes and ask questions about the world you are in.

Dear those with BLACK HAIR, we rock #poundit. Stay awesome, Phil ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment