Monday, August 8, 2011

Writing to an iPod Shuffle

I am writing alongside listening to Paramore, and their song "Conspiracy". I don't write too well to loud music, although it does keep me awake so it is possible for me to write more while spending more time to reach the same word limit.

Exercising to Bill Cosby's standup comedy works wonders for me, as I run farther and don't feel as tired after a workout. If I follow someone having a conversation or public speaking, I don't notice things around me or anything that I'm doing. So, if I run 800 meters to Bill Cosby talking about cowboy movies, I will laugh a lot, but I will also finish the 800 meters in record time (not world record time, otherwise Olympics athletes will be ROFL while listening to Cosby on their iPods). However, that is not what I'm listening to now, though; right now, Neil Young is singing "What Did You Do To My Life?" Anything catchy and easy listening I sing along with, and I all but stop writing.



I pressed (PAUSE) on my iPod, so now I can type the rest of this blog in peace and quiet. I can write to some music like soundtracks or symphonic tunes, for example. I have a playlist in iTunes full of thematic symphony music, and I play it whenever I am writing something that goes along with the theme. Speaking of writing, I announced I would write something a few months back, but since I started playing baseball in the spring I never had time to finish up what I started. I think my story is somewhere hidden in the bowels of the "My Documents" folder in my computer. Maybe in the fall, when things aren't so busy, I will start up again?

At least I will know which music to play by then ^_^ I love Paramore to death, but there isn't a track on my iPod I can write to. I hope my future wife, I mean, the group's lead singer Hayley Williams will understand o_O

No comments:

Post a Comment