Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On the Road of Life, Don't Bet!


On a more serious note, I recently competed with my baseball team in a local tournament, and we won after playing a day's worth of the grand ole game. Earlier in the year, I made a bet that if we won, then I would return to Facebook after almost a year away from the social network.

I didn't tell them exactly when this would happen, but with a successful baseball campaign behind me and settling in at work the idea of returning doesn't seem so scary. During my time away, I had ample opportunities to travel about, meet new people, and start shopping for a new place to live. Come to think about it, those are good reasons I may use when asked why I returned to Facebook.

  1. When I move out, and into a new place/area code/province/country: Return to Facebook
  2. When I buy a cat/dog/parrot/rhinoceros: Return to Facebook.
  3. When I become the employee of a new bosslady, who refuses to be the only one of us on Facebook left to explain why she hired me as her boyfriend to begin with: Return to Facebook.
  4. Zombie Apocalypse: Return to Facebook (Hi Charles Trippy).
During the time off, I started playing the piano again. The last time I played the piano was more than twenty years ago, when I discovered at a Saturday morning recital that the church bully also had the same piano teacher, and we would be in the same room together o_O Years of music in high school helped, so the ideas of chords and music making are not foreign concepts. I'm also practicing the guitar, but I'm moving along farther in my piano playing than I am at guitar. I wouldn't mind returning to the drums, though...baby steps, Phil. Once I get marginally good as an amateur, my dream would be to play covers and songs I wrote for YouTube, and see where that goes. Everyone already on YouTube is so good and professional; why not feature a true amateur studying an instrument, and feature that person in videos while steadily increasing in talent? Oh yeah, and throw in some comedy so not to lose the audience to boredom. To that length, a Facebook page would be good to reach out to fans, friends, and trolls ^_^ Well, maybe not trolls o_O We'll see how far I can go with this, but no immediate return to Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment