Monday, August 1, 2011

Responsible Writing ^_^ ...and Doing o_O

What did I just do? o_O

I write a lot about baseball; if you like the sport, and want to check out what I wrote the blog is "Hits & Errors" and the URL is pwhitsanderrors.blogspot.com. Speaking of baseball, I played my first game on Sunday afternoon since, what turned out to be, my double knee tweaking incident the previous week. There was no real damage from the fall, thank God, but now I must wear knee pads for the rest of the year. I never gave real thought about my mortality, until I was writhing in pain on the pavement past the outfield of the baseball diamond. I am twenty-nine now, and while I want to play the game like a nineteen-year old, I know I can't play at that level unless I want to injure another part of my body, or even re-injure my knees. That doesn't mean I'm going to shy away from contact; no, what I must do is think of more intelligent ways to play the game while staying in one piece ^_^ Perhaps I should think this way about how I write?

The time of day, in which writing takes place, can determine what is written. Night time writing can be the most difficult because the author must separate all the events of the day before focusing on the subject. One or two unrelated events can lighten or temper the mood of the author to create an undesired effect like a misplaced word or sentence that throws an entire blog post or essay off balance. The same can also be true for greeting cards, postcards, or even messages sent with lovely bouquets of flowers (?). After a good rest and with the drama of the previous night left aside, the job of writing is easier and there are less distractions to pull the author away from the task at hand. There is such a thing as writing too early, such as writing the moment you wake up: Eat some breakfast, take a shower, walk the dog, bring in the cat, or whatever! Get into a routine to get the brain functioning before you start writing.

Recently, I acted with more passion than I am accustomed to, and I took another giant RISK. I do not regret taking that risk, because I wanted to show how much I care about the subject. The problem is that without waiting a day to address that situation with a clear mind and a clean slate the meaning may be lost in awkward word choices and phrasing =_= I like thinking of best-case and worst-case scenarios, and in the latter I envision police stopping by the house, and my face on the front page of every newspaper in the country o_O I don't regret how I feel, but now the stress haunts me! All I can do now is pray, and hope the well-meaning spirit will shine past the error of sentence structure. Nevertheless, when I think about it, the situation should never come to that point where I am in constant worry!

If possible, always try to write during the day with a fresh start, clear mind, and a clean slate ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment