Thursday, February 23, 2012

Extra Innings

Whether against better judgment or the ACL I strained last summer, which are now shuddering with the thought of more baseball, I decided to play one more year.

ALL STAR: One of the great diving catches I made last year (Dedicated to Taylor Swift)
I played in two leagues last year, and readers of HITS AND ERRORS/MAJOR LEAGUE GOOFBALL will remember I wrote weekly updates on my progress and the ups and downs during the season. You may also remember my team won the city championship last year, but I will be on a new team this summer. As for the spring league, I'm not sure if my old team wants me back.

GAME FACE: Taylor Swift was at this game when I made this diving catch.
I didn't have a good start, but I could field with the best of them. After torching my ACL, I decided to don knee pads, and take it easy, which meant allowing the future stars on the team and of the league to shine. The results were in our favour last year, but 2012 will have its share of tests, and one of them is to see how far my knees will take me this year.

I found my baseball equipment, including the knee pads, and my ROYALS and PIRATES gear from previous years. Not only will I have to get back into game shape, but now I must decide on which Major League Baseball team to wear out this year. My team in Spring League teased me, and thought I was hit in the head too many times for wearing my MLB gear; after a couple games, half the team started wearing some MLB apparel and the teasing stopped ^_^ Unfortunately, my friend Evelyn had an epiphany and suggested I wear PHILLIES gear because my name is Phil -_- She didn't know the whole back story with me and that Philadelphia team (Hi Evelyn...Hi Andrew).

Taylor Swift likes Baseball players, I hope o_O
Which MLB team's jerseys should I wear to games this year: Should I go back to the ROYALS and wear new gear, stick with my lucky PIRATES gear from a year ago, or go in a new direction? No to the PHILLIES or MARLINS...just to be safe. I can't pull off orange o_O

Taylor Swift: Oh Phil! You're so great at baseball!
PHIL: Well, I don't like boasting, but it's not too often I hit eight four homeruns and make two hundred diving catches in one game...in five innings...and get my number retired...before the seventh inning stretch.
Taylor: What is your number again?
PHIL: Yes, well I'll write it down: 905...

No comments:

Post a Comment