Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dear Charles (#GetWellCharles)

HAPPY DAYS ^_^ Charles Trippy (left) and wife, Alli
I don't know what to say right now, because I never wrote something quite this open and grammatically incorrect as this before. Please forgive the bad prose, but this is what is going on in my heart LOL.

How I found you and the Charles Trippy Family X Core (CTFxC) was a bit by accident LOL. I gave up Facebook for an extended period of time last year, and besides writing and baseball I needed to occupy the Facebook portions of my brain with something that would not remind me of Facebook. My search took me to YouTube, where I found various YouTube personalities and viral videos to grab my attention for about ten minutes o_O Then I stumbled on your channel.

It was Day 772 on your CTFxC channel when I made the daily commitment to watching you, your wife Alli, and your dogs Zoe and Marley. The highlight of that day is when you tried to field golf balls Alli's father drove on the fairway (Yes, I said FIELD, as in catch them); most notably, you took a golf ball right off the side of your nose, which left a bruise for days ^_^ LOL. Through it all you remained the same honest, giving, caring, and hilarious young man you always were from when you started daily video blogging back in 2008, when you went with your then girlfriend Alli to Tampa to watch a baseball game. Although you aged and moved around quite a bit, you remained the same guy.

This screams WIN!
Two days ago, you told us you had a tumor in your brain, and for the first time in a long time I was really scared. For many of us, who are your fans, you become almost like family (I tried multiple times to say it without sounding like that phrase came from a Disney B-movie, but I'll just say it). As scared as I am for you and your family & friends, I am encouraged by your composure, grace, and humility in spite of everything that occurred in the last forty-eight hours. You remained the same great guy I followed since you took a golf ball to the face.

Thank you so much for getting me through the last of my ten months without Facebook, introducing me to the Drobo external hard drive unit, the usefulness of Macintosh products for video editing, and for zooming in on Marley's adorable face ^_^ I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. As for your bandmates, they are really class guys for making sure you are safe and sound and for waiting until family arrived at the hospital. Know that you are loved, and my God bless you and keep you in your hour of need ^_^

A mere fan,
Phil Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment