Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Care Bears & The Running Joke

There are days in the annual calendar, when you take a day off from work and still receive pay: Those are called statutory ^_^ I learned that in university, believe it or not o_O The word "statutory"; I learned that when I arrived at school to study for an exam when a friend, who lived on residence, told me I went to school for no reason -_-

CARE BEARS VI: Don't get too attached to Tender-Heart, just saying.
SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME FOR TELLING THIS STORY

One of my friends from university is reading this now, and praying I'm not talking about her, but I am! ^_^ During university, I convinced one of my friends that there were scores of Care Bears movies with great subtitles. Whenever our group of friends got on the subject of movies, I would usually spin it toward a Care Bears movie I saw like "Care Bears VI: The Death of Tender-Heart".

I would go so far as to talk about "that dogfight scene" in "Care Bears XII: The Battle of California", or I would go on and on about the character development in "Care Bears V: The Search for Noble". I kept the running joke going for years because I convinced so many of my friends they were actual movies, but my friend really bought it (later on, my other friends would ask me one by one if I made it all up, and I would say yes, but she believed they were real movies!)

Finally, in my last year of university, I told her all fourteen of the Care Bears movies I gave detailed synopsizes and plot twists for were all made up. The original intent was to keep the joke going for a few months, but I convinced so much that I decided to reference it every once in awhile for years afterward. Her world kind of imploded when I said that, because she told me she couldn't find any of the movies I talked about ^_^ LOL

Every now and then I leave little jokes about the Care Bears on my Facebook page, just to lighten the mood. She hates me for that ^_^ OW! >_< (Phil gets punched in the shoulder) That hurt! Not unlike that scene from Care Bears VII: The Legend of the Doomsday Machine: Brave-Heart Lion punched Champ Bear! DUH DUH DUH! (I'm a terrible person...)

No comments:

Post a Comment