Monday, April 2, 2012

I Lost My Telegraph Machine! Let's Celebrate! Oh wait...

Whenever I write once a week, I always feel like months passed since I last wrote o_O Does anyone else feel that way, like I disappeared from the face of the earth and one day I'm suddenly back from my intergalactic space war in the Orion Belt System defending the important Sturgeon Empire outpost on the planet Sirius III from the dark alien forces of Zurg...Uh oh, I said too much o_O...! Moving on...

LOST: If it has an antenna, then it's probably mine :(
Upon my return from the Orion Belt star cluster, I mean, the weekend I discovered my cell phone, which I often refer to as the clunky telegraph machine used in relaying morse codes to telegraph stations on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. The battery was close to dead anyway, and no one is selling the adapter that goes with it anymore. I should be upset, but comparing my phone to what all my other friends are using I actually got off pretty well. This was not on purpose, mind you, but similar to when Professor Utonium accidentally added a special ingredient to the concoction he whipped up when he tried to make the perfect little girl: Chemical X.

SIDENOTE: When you mouth the words to the Powerpuff theme, do you like to stare at different points of the room with the same blank expression while the narrator is talking, or is it just me? o_O Sugar, spice, and everything nice...

I deleted my phone from Twitter, so whoever has it can't tweet obscene and ridiculous messages with it, even if there was any battery life left. Also, if they were using it to send messages and stuff, my friends would probably know it wasn't me, right guys? ^_^ Guys? o_O

ANGRY BIRDS: Who wouldn't find this funny?
I always wanted a new phone, but at the same time I want a good reason to move forward with the times. Examples would include getting a new job, moving to a new place, getting a girlfriend, or losing my phone (oh wait, that happened o_O). There are so many things you can do with today's phones, too, like find directions on the go, call ahead to a florist to buy and deliver flowers to your girlfriend at her work, play Angry Birds at the Dry Cleaners, close the garage door, balance the budget, cure cancer, save the rainforest, etc. Wait, what?

From what I gathered in all those cell phone commercials here in on Canadian television, U.S. television, and aboard, it is like we are doing everything but engaging with people. Sure, there are two people mimicking a conversation during a commercial, but it is ironic that the tool designed to build relationships is driving us further apart. I'm not crazy for thinking this, right?

Oh spiffy!

I just remembered where my phone is -_- I was driving in Momzo's car last night. It should be in the armrest on the driver's side door T_T I can't wait, dog gone it! COME ON!

2 comments:

  1. I found my phone. I want a new one. I hate my life -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would die without my smartphone. I use it for banking, gps, email, work email, facebook, twitter, music, credit card, bank card, starbucks card, metronome, calendar, important documents, picture and video documentation, etc....but sometimes I get jealous of people who have stupid phones. They don't seem as busy as me ;-)

    ReplyDelete