Friday, January 13, 2012

That's it...HALF DAY!

I'm stuck at work because of the raging snowstorm outside the office o_O While my boss is away, I'm holding down the fort, and I didn't burn down the office this time, isn't that wonderful? Aren't I amazing ^_^ (don't answer that o_O)?


Can you imagine Tom Brady in a Niners or Browns' jersey? It almost happened.
 I saw "The Brady 6" documentary on the NFL Network yesterday; every time I see Tom Brady's combine footage I chuckle, because he doesn't look like a quarterback, much like Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas. During the 2000 NFL Draft, NFL teams chose 198 players ahead of the Patriots selecting Tom Brady, and of those players six were quarterbacks. It seems an annual rite of passage for us to be sucked in by what a quarterback should look like: The rocket arm, the athletic ability, and the collegiate championship reputation. The constant theme of the documentary is that you cannot measure heart, patience, imagination, drive, passion, resiliency, desire, and courage: Things Tom Brady has in abundance.

I'm sure I'm about to start off a wild BRADY VERSUS MANNING debate on this blog that will last well into the next decade, so if you want to add your two cents without being vulgar, feel free to comment below.

Something else I noticed towards the end...Tom Brady was crying. Oh no! It wasn't long before I lost it, too! One eye start gushing, and then the other; next thing you know, it's like I'm watching an NFL Films Dick Vermeil special all over again D: Cut to commercial, cut to commercial!

No comments:

Post a Comment