Thursday, January 26, 2012

MUSIC CHALLENGE UPDATE!

Just a short update today:

Towards the end of piano practice, I learned the secret to one of my favourite songs by Diane Birch: The song is called "Fools" from her debut album "Bible Belt" (?) ^_^ After playing the melody a few times and getting a jest of the harmonies, I stopped playing and started crying. I never thought, and certainly Momzo never thought I would come this far in the piano challenge. Not only could I play (sort of) piano, but I would also really get back into songwriting and covering popular tunes. Yes, I do have original tunes, Jessica, but I feel encouraged and inspired to do so much more than write a song or learn an instrument.

I'm not Beethoven by any means, and there are hundreds of eight year old kids in my town with more talent and ability in their pinky fingers than I do in my entire body. The challenge now becomes what to do with this energy, the resolve to improve, and maybe sustain it as a long-term thing, almost like writing? ^_^

As for the guitar, a few of the strings on my guitar "bit the dust" recently -_- My Gibson guitar came through for me during the rough times, and when I had a song on the tip of my tongue which needed extra help to get out. The Guitar challenge is on hiatus until I purchase new strings and get my guitar repaired (Sorry, Bryan).

To close, here is a video of "Fools" by Diane Birch live from Paris, France ^_^ Brought to you by YouTube o_O I don't own rights to the film, I embedded it onto the page, that's all!

She even wears hats better than I do o_O She's amazing! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment