Friday, January 20, 2012

Joining the Ranks: Phil Listens To We The Kings

To Charles Trippy: I know, right? :)
I meant to do this for a few months now, but I finally purchased the We The Kings discography yesterday o_O Procrastination found its way into my to-do list somehow #FACEPALM

According to iTunes, they are an alternative rock band, but I disagree on the grounds that WTK are less alternative compared to the alt rock I listen to. What do I mean? The sound in each of their song is consistent and not full of the hard breaks found in alternative rock; instead of hearing two songs chopped into one song in a binary format, We The Kings stick with one theme and chord progression for most if not all of the song. It is a welcome surprise, plus it is nice to listen to one song and not wait for that break indicative in a lot of alternative rock o_O I'll go out on a limb and say they are a rock band; maybe they are alternative because most are not familiar with them yet?

What put an extra smile on my face is that during one song I listened to, lead singer Travis Clark quoted the BIBLE! :D I'm not sure if he took it out of context or not; I'll have to find the song again. I played all the tunes at once on the way to work and neglected to check (#FAIL), so I forgot -_-

Who is the stinking attractive redhead standing next to Travis Clark (right)? ^_^ LOL
Now, I'm not just jumping on the We The Kings bandwagon because Charles Trippy, one of my favourite viral video dudes from YouTube and one half of the cutest couple ever CTFxC, joined the band as their new bass guitarist...Wait a minute, yes I am! o_O Forget being objective, I'm taking my love for CTFxC and cute close-ups of Zoe and Marley, and joining the WTK party machine! CTFxC + WTK FTW! Besides, I'm already following drummer Danny Duncan on Twitter; his posts can be pretty hilarious. Hunter and Connor are the other members of the band; I think Hunter is co-lead guitarist and Connor plays piano & does some guitar work as well. I don't really know to be honest; so many guitars o_O It's difficult to figure out who is responsible for which instrument. Readers, if you have a clue on what I'm talking about, leave an answer to my query in the comments. Thanks in advance ^_^

MUSIC CHALLENGE UPDATE (85% COMPLETE)

No, I didn't forget! I stepped up my game for the past two or three weeks, and even purchased a new keyboard, the YAMAHA PSR-333. It's not a stage piano, but it's a nice home model I can plug into my computer via USB ^_^ My next goal, besides saving enough money to move into an apartment, is buying a YAMAHA CP-5 to take my piano playing to the next level. As for songwriting, I rehearsed some covers and wrote a few songs in need of lyrics, but I can't wait to start recording ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment