Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Being Girl Crazy and Other Tangents

If it wasn't for the Oakland Athletics trading away the 2010 American League Rookie of the Year Andrew Bailey to the Red Sox, then today would be a good day for me >_< Meh, it is what it is (Phil throws Wii Remote at wall). What?

Am I Girl Crazy?

During the Christmas holidays, the lead singer for the music group The Nearly Deads, the band I follow on Twitter and sometimes talk about on this blog, considered dyeing her hair last week. Thankfully, TJ did not change her hair as her current shade is PLATINUM, and I like PLATINUM...a lot. PLATINUM takes blonde to a whole other level, drives me crazy, and makes me type the word as such: PLATINUM in all capital letters. I'm also a fan of blondes, redheads, and brunettes, and girls with black hair; all of these shades are tied for first with PLATINUM, but I don't capitalize those like I do PLATINUM. Does this make me weird or just wired differently?

I do notice other shades, which are not as prevalent and maybe rarer than PLATINUM. Violet or purple hair is making the rounds in my town, and was once a lyric in a Nickelback song years ago (Don't quote me on that o_O). Sidenote: Also making the rounds is the current fashion of shaving off the hair from one half of your head. I don't mind this practice because most hairstyles, if not all the ones I encountered in life, tend to grow on me and finish in a tie for first place (I sported the BALD cut in high school: Me being BALD was not fun). I do have two questions about the "Half-Style" (?): What does it mean, and who started it? Hayley Williams of Paramore posted her portrait on Twitter with this bizarre look, and I admit I liked it! Nevertheless, according to the Rock Band video game, she doesn't remember what her original hair colour was before she started dyeing her hair, so her air of mystery increases by one billion! o_O Was this the first time she did the "Half-Style"? Why am I drawn to the "Half-Style"? Who came up with the "Half-Style"? Will I ever do the "Half-Style?" Are you crazy? What kind of question is that? Who am I talking to? o_O Where was I?

No, I did not stare at this photo of
Taylor Swift for 25 minutes and 14 seconds! >_<
Oh yeah, am I weird? No, I'm not weird for believing all hair colours are tied for first place, and awarding all hairstyles with the gold medal ("Half-Style" included). No matter what hairstyle and hair colour my future wife currently sports, I will still find Taylor Swift, o_O I MEAN, that random, mysterious, and sparkling young lady to be all the more lovable with each passing day. As for being girl crazy, I could just be over-thinking the issue; yes, I am looking for someone, but I should keep my emotions in check so I'm not staring all over the place and creeping people out!

Speaking as a fan of TND, I can't really picture TJ with any other hair colour than PLATINUM. I associate her with that colour, the same way I picture Hayley Williams as a redhead, or Taylor Swift with blonde hair, or even Taylor Swift with blonde hair ^_^ (What? o_O). Anyway, the Nearly Deads' lead guitarist Steve Tobi, drummer Cory Walen, and new bassist Keith Lee are cool cats as well; their music is well worth a listen to ^_^ Note to self: Turn to The Nearly Deads for guidance in case of zombie infestation o_O I'll like whatever hair colour TJ decides to go with in the future, and I appreciate her letting all TND fans on Twitter know what she's up to ^_^
Speaking of new bands following me on Twitter, a band called Throwing Gravity is after me o_O Is this because of that Inversion trailer I clicked on a couple days ago?! I'll see what these guys are about, and tell you more about them later. Apparently, TG and TND share the same record producer, Jon King ^_^ Hooray for lightning quick research skills (Google)!


No comments:

Post a Comment