Wednesday, December 21, 2011

LIVE Blogging to Soccer o_O

I can't remember the last time I wrote about soccer, but I will try to write this while watching this replay of Newcastle United versus West Bromwich Albion from this previous round of games from the English Premier League (OH, LOOK AT THIS!).

Watching soccer games, and previously playing soccer games on my computer, can be a trying experience for other people in the same house. There is a lot of screaming (kick the ball away; don't play with your food, son), asking the television questions (where are you shooting?), and otherwise going bananas (That's not right! He should get a card; good, it's yellow).

Whether it's a Champions League group stage match or kids playing the park, it can be a joy to watch for those not caught up in the politics and cynicism from football federations, analysts and critics like me (That ball is up near Saturn now!). Albion won 3-2, how about that? (Albion players gone bananas, Albion fans gone bananas, Albion manager Hodgson...shaking hands and not smiling o_O)

Switching channels to another game: Manchester City versus Stoke City on Sportsnet. Right now the score is 3-0 to City o_O, Man City (Oh, look at this!). If you notice, there are words in parentheses; as I typed the regular words in this blog, I am saying something about the action on the television screen. Stoke City's manager is Tony Pulis; he likes to wear baseball caps when he is on the sidelines. You gotta respect a man that likes wearing hats; not off to the side, or tilted so the cap comes over the eye, and makes the wearer look like a pirate, but straight on. Dad says there are two ways to wear baseball caps, and the second one is when you are not wearing a baseball cap o_O That used to confuse me, too. In this replayed game, the hat is not a snapback, but a belt-back o_O, if there is such a thing (He's just dancing around the ball; just take it!). Speaking of hats, I received more Major League Baseball fitted hats last week: The new Blue Jays hat, which is actually BLUE this year, and the cartoony Orioles hats. I should post a video blog about my collection soon.

Oh wow, some guy on Stoke punched a dude from Man City in the face! It's not like taking an arrow in the knee, but it hurts like mad! At least the referee saw it, and elected to let play through; referees do that nowadays, don't you know. What do I mean? I mean they see things ^_^ LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment