Wednesday, June 6, 2012

PINK Man Jewelry

While I'm not sure if it's working,
when I wear it I am far less irritable, which is something I'm sure my
friends from my school days wished I wore most days.
On my left wrist, next to my wristwatch, you will find a solid pink rubber band. Most dudes look at, and do one of two things: Ask about it, or give me the look o_O. It goes with ANYTHING I wear, because it doesn't match ANYTHING I wear. I even wear it for baseball games, and the cause and reasoning behind why I wear this particular piece of man jewelry I will get into later ^_^

I was always partial to PINK, which is actually light red, if you think about it. Wait a minute, it isn't light red, it is PINK! Society associates PINK with being a colour that represents one half of all humanity, but dudes can wear it, too. I have a PINK dress shirt, sweater, and sweater vest. I thought I had a PINK cardigan, but I don't look good in cardigans, so I don't own one. Sidenote: There is a girl I know who hates PINK with a passion fruit. I would tell you her name, but like most of our mutual friends I'm scared she will tackle me, and jump up and down on my spine o_O So, in case she is reading this, don't worry for your secret is safe with me ^_^ (Hi Bekah!).

There are drawbacks to wearing this daily. The band is a snug fit over my wrist, so it leaves a pair of tan lines up to two hours after I take it off. Of course, people give me funny looks when I wear it on the bus, but according to previous documentation on this blog making eye contact is not a good idea (See "I Was In A Fight").

So why do I wear this, you ask? Well, my older sister was always the athlete in our family. She played rep softball and basketball, and toured with her teams all over Ontario, and into the United States for tournaments. She did so well that American universities offered her basketball scholarships, so she could play basketball and earn her business degrees. We are all very proud of her, and are really excited for what God is doing in her life. A couple of years ago, however, life put that progress on hold as doctors diagnosed she had sarcoma. There was a small tumor in her leg, but because she found it early the doctors surgically remove it. That was two years ago, and praise God she is still cancer free ^_^ This is why I wear my PINK man jewelry as often as I can, because it supports the great cause of cancer research, and more than that it reminds me of my sister, whose life inspired me to stay active, and be open to new ideas and meeting new people ^_^

Phil, are you wearing a PINK necklace? O_O Uh, maybe?
Ooo, the matching necklace...! o_O Uh, no...besides, it's only eighteen inches. My neck needs something twenty two inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment