Saturday, February 26, 2011

Starbucks Saturday and a Secret Message from a Secret Admirer


Going home after eating out, I went to Starbucks to get my "after-dinner" drink: Venti Caramel Apple Spice. For those who don't know what "venti" means, that is the large size cup; the medium-sized coffee cup is called "grande", and small is "tall". Three different words for really big sizes, but "tall" is the smallest among all of them o_O Don't ask me why, but I didn't come online to tell you that.

Anyway, I ordered my drink and gave the teller my Starbucks card, and he shakes his head saying "Don't worry about it; it's on the house." o_O

"What?" I asked him, because there were others around me who just bought more expensive coffees no more than three seconds ago.
"It's on the house." He repeats. Living on planet Earth I ask this question whenever I get something for free: Why?
"I don't feel like punching it in." The fellow in the green apron points to the cash register in front of him, and then rests his arms on the computer monitor.
"Umm," I put my card away, "alright, thanks." I walk away, and wait in line for my free drink.

This doesn't happen everyday and it is late night, which for me is 10:30pm. Plus, a venti caramel apple spice drink costs money to make. Finally, what about all the other customers that bought drinks when he felt like punching in the sale? What changed when the next customer asked for a drink? Does this feeling come and go with the times? o_O

How often, as a Christian, do we think about that free gift God gave when His Son left the quiet comforts of heaven to descend to Earth, and die for our sins so His believers can be justified by faith in His sight? Why don't we o_O and question the circumstances and ask what makes us so special? If we are honest, then we know there is nothing we did to warrant such a gift? Nevertheless, by God's grace in His perfect wisdom, salvation is available for us to grasp and take with us, according to the Bible (more accurately, the second chapter in Paul's letter to the Ephesians).

I think it's important to o_O and live with discernment to we can be attuned with what God desires of us. In this way we can ^_^ as we learn to trust Him and follow His ways. It won't be easy, just better.

Now, here is a link to a song for that girl I like because she loves this band, and because I know she's reading this now and thinking o_O while I'm ^_^ about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment