Friday, July 15, 2011

Between Rounds

This is the polished version of a blog post I started this morning, before I had to drive to Hamilton on business o_O

These last few months were not too cool for me, as some of you readers may already know. During this time, I took the fact I was not in a relationship also meant no one cared who I was and what I was doing, and that's not true. I have lots of family, friends, and I know just as many people who care; the problem is I am very hard to get a hold of, in particular since I left the social network known as Facebook. When I thought no one was making an effort to find me, I believed no one cared and got more upset.

I was talking with one of my friends this week about this, and during our conversation she told me I was the one who was difficult to get a hold of. Everything from meetings to jamborees are coordinated using Facebook, and once I left no one knew how to contact me in case they had to reach me. Sure, I have twitter and an email account, but at the most they only let people know what you are doing at that particular moment, and not for coordinating events or jamborees. My friend is really smart (I'm not telling you her name; if I did, she'd probably beat me up).

I was angry about one thing, equated it with a bunch of non-related issues, and let it become one giant balloon of sorrow. I'm tired of being the person who is always wondering why he isn't "good enough" for Movie Star Glasses Girl or why he is always alone come Valentine's Day. I should treat each issue separately, and try to be more connected given my lack of Facebooking.

As for Facebook, I would be a mistake to return to the social network to get the approval of others. I'm already through my seventh month without it, however my stance changed from "never return" to "may return for a legitimate reason". Hopefully, I may return before 2012...Why 2012? Well, you know...LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment