Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Good Idea at the Time

What do you do when you have a day off from work? Make an embarrassing video, post it on YouTube so everyone can laugh at it later? Something like that...

I saw a tribute video to Ric Flair and his Turnbuckle Flip maneuver. I don't have a stage or turnbuckle lying around the house, so I settled for a couch. Now you can't just do a flip because you may get hurt, so I did a couple of handstands to prepare for the actual flip, and then I did a few slow rollovers on the couch.

As I gained confidence, I sped up the delivery with each flip, and within a few minutes I did quite well. What I learned from doing them is not to run with the palm of one hand facing upward and the other towards the ground, because you could turn your wrist and it slows down the flip over the end of the couch. Second, don't do it too often on one couch because your parents, who bought the upholstery, will get angry and change the locks while you are out of the house getting a hot chocolate from Second Cup. Finally, upload everything before you come to your senses the next morning; second thoughts hinder the development of many viral videos, and since it was years since I last made one I made sure to upload it before coming to my senses.

Anyway, here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment