Monday, December 6, 2010

Closing the book on Facebook


Facebook.

Don't panic; at least not yet. I'm leaving Facebook, and that's all. After a few friends of mine quit the social network a few months ago, I thought about the pros and cons of leaving Facebook as well. Being an annoyance to your profile page and mine versus networking and coordinating events with friends, finding old friends and making new ones versus not getting your work done and scaring people, and so on. As the list grew larger and larger, I had more reasons not to leave Facebook, but that was the problem. I spent lots of time on Facebook, so much time it took up most of my day.

In the end, it was family and friends who made the decision for me, when I could not. I will not embarrass them, as there as too many to mention, but I do not doubt they know who they are. "The wounds from a friend" are scars with a purpose, and I thank God for each of you.

December 25th, 2010 should be a good day to call it quits. I hope my links to my blogs will still be up, and my profile picture will be up in case any future friends want to find my picture afterward and keep me in any email loops for events and such. Speaking of events, Facebook loves telling people about them, so why not make this an event? -_-

A shameless plug, I know, but still it serves a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment