Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014. Now, Down To Business

I typed the following on my tumblr blog, and liked it so much that I reposted it here. Happy New Year and all that stuff o_O


Every time I search "forever alone" I think, "There are a lot of upset people here." I want to help, but it's a ton of work for only one person.

A little insight into who I am: I was single back when Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was on television, even before Manchester United won the English league championship in 1993 ending a drought lasting twenty-five years. I called it being “zero-for-zero”, and I was routinely told by the culture in which I lived and by some women I was interested in that I was “not good enough”. This is the part where I tell you about how long I was in a relationship, and how coming out of a week-long break from my girlfriend makes me an expert on everything you are feeling, and “don’t worry”, and “don’t stop believing”, and insert Disney Prince/Princess picture here, and use hollow Notebook, Gossip Girl, and TVD references, but I can’t do that. I could never do that.

I can promise you this:

  1. You are not alone.
  2. You are a person.
  3. You are valid.
  4. We are in this together.
If you are looking for a laugh or need a sounding board to bounce or exchange ideas, then I’ll do my best to help. Keep in mind, I don’t have all the answers, and I have angry and sad days just like you. This is an open idea that perhaps we should help each other out before we do something destructive.

Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment