Friday, April 12, 2013

Help Someone (NOT ME) Get Into Art School!


I don’t do this often, if at all, but the story of the person I linked to below is a familiar one.
When I was eighteen, I had to choose between university life and going to school for animation. I like to draw, and occasionally do nowadays. The funds were there, but the confidence was not, so I chose post-secondary education to increase my chances of getting “a real job”. The story of Emily Carson, who is ‘emilythebravee’ on Tumblr and YouTube, struck a chord with me. However, while she has the talent and confidence to succeed in art school, she needs help paying for it. That’s where YOU come in…
Right now, Emily is enrolled in a $10K scholarship contest. She wrote an essay about her life and how much she loves working in animation. All you need to do is click on the link above, read her essay, and vote for her. If she receives enough support from YOU and readers like YOU, then they will consider her for the scholarship! :D
I voted already, and plan to do it again! I’m not secretly a backer or getting residuals for doing this, and I’m sure she doesn’t know who I am; I followed her and her friends on YouTube for the past year, and I’m doing this because she is a genuinely nice person and an incredibly talented artist.
Thanks for reading and taking the time out to support her cause ^_^ I appreciate it, and I’m sure Emily does, too!

Here is her post via tumblr:
So I’ve entered a scholarship essay contest for up to $10,000!
The first part of the contest relies on voting so if you could take a minute to read my essay and vote I would be eternally grateful! 
Oh also, the site says where I live and I can’t change it which is super annoying so like, please don’t be creepy. I trust you guys with this. Don’t blow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment