Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Celtic Football Club & My Run-ins with Jerks

Aaron is going to love this...

Yep, Aaron will definitely go bananas when he sees the
Celtic Football Club 125th Anniversary
Commemorative badge on my blog
I wore one of my Celtic track jackets today. After work, I walked to the grocery store, and while I was in the checkout line the man in front of me turned around, looked at me, and said:

"You know Celtic is the worst team in the world!"

The "offending" jacket o_O
Now, I'm well aware of Glasgow Celtic Football Club's current troubles, however what surprises me is random Canadians feel the need to come after me about it. This happens every so often whenever I wear this particular Celtic jacket: Yes, even in Canada, customers in Tim Horton's hassle me, tellers at the bank near the office question me, and now a tattooed bodybuilder wearing a tank top feels compelled to inform me of my "wardrobe malfunction".

There isn't much a person can do between standing in line at the grocery store, and hold a basket full of food. What was I to do at that moment: Take the jacket off and reveal a Rangers shirt underneath (that would be funny LOL)? I would be lying if I told you the urge to respond wasn't there. As he told me about Celtic's ineptitude, I assumed "he is a Toronto FC fan and they know EVERYTHING about soccer!" or maybe "someone died and made him a fashion critic"?

Wait a second, if they are so terrible, how are they the defending Scottish league champions? I am not a fan of Celtic by any stretch, yet even I know that! I just wore this jacket because it was Wednesday o_O LOL

Finally, in the three seconds following the man's insult, I went to a different aisle; firing back or stating a fact wasn't worth my time, and I just wanted to go home, and put the cold stuffs I purchased in the freezer. I did take a small measure of satisfaction in being out the door ahead of that guy.

The whole event riled me up, but as I wrote this out I couldn't help but smile and laugh a little bit, too. ^_^ Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment