Friday, April 29, 2011

She Makes Me Smile: My Love Affair with Audrey Hepburn

Who is this other woman that captured my heart and will not let it go, you ask? I really don't know, because SHE isn't in my life...yet...!

I am not afraid to admit that I believe in, what I call, "Equal Opportunity". In my search for a boss lady, I will not discriminate by skin colour. Just because she was born different doesn't mean she still can't be the one. So you can understand why if you ask me "Do I like Audrey Hepburn?", my brain would say "YEAH!", but I would smile and say "Yes."

I really don't know what it is about her that makes me smile. I picture a rose that isn't in full bloom, so it is springtime. You can see the flower taking shape, and you can see the potential, but you also want to protect it. So, you remove the thirsty weeds, the choking thorns, and the burdensome rocks, and then you tend the soil so the flower has plenty room to grow. Of course, you can overdo things and overwater it because you're an impatient goofball that doesn't know the first thing about gardening! Nevertheless, when you do everything you can to protect the flower you find she is the one protecting you.

Guys like BIG TIME ROSES; we do, I guess. We want BIG TIME ROSES all the time, but at some point BIG TIME ROSES slow down or burn out because of our negligence or improper care of the BIG TIME ROSE (Writing this is incredibly awkward for me). Sometimes other guys want the same BIG TIME ROSE because the BIG TIME ROSE is so BIG TIME ROSE! Then we get upset because our BIG TIME ROSE is being too BIG TIME ROSE for other guys...? Where am I going with this?
I guess what I am trying to say is, while I might want BIG TIME ROSES, I need a SAFE ROSE. Someone who is patient with my goofball gardening skills, thoughtful enough to give me a nice warm mug of lemon tea on a chilly March evening when I least suspect it (we get chills in Canada), and loves to bring JOY to others in the pure sense of the word. Sure, she likes to have fun, and could be BIG TIME ROSE to me all the time, if she wanted to, but her beauty lies in her style, grace and character...like a SAFE BIG TIME ROSE (Does any of that make sense? I hope so, or I'm going to lose my Blogspot account, and four billion women are going to tackle me at once!)




No comments:

Post a Comment