Saturday, January 8, 2011

EPIC (PH)AILURE

A week passed since I deactivated my Facebook account, and the results are in: I am a loner, and it's my fault. Once I unplugged from Facebook, I knew there was a risk in saying goodbye to most if not all those on the social network. When I said I was leaving, people said "No!", but no one came out and said why they wanted me to stay. I spent the whole week totally alone, and I imagine next week will be the same. However, this lifestyle is not as a result of leaving Facebook, but this is how my life played out since university.

For years now, I stopped fighting the idea no one wants me around because the older I become the more people I irritate, and those I didn't irritate moved away while I'm still living like a 'party animal'. Other things I learned long ago, but tried in vain to deny are...
  1. I never grew up.
  2. I never made a difference to anyone.
  3. I'm not a nice person.
  4. I put up fronts to mask my insecurities (See EA Road Trip '11)
  5. It's all my fault.
Why did I post this? I don't know either, but perhaps this is what having a blog is all about: To voice your fears, doubts, concerns, joys, defeats, and triumphs. This is how I feel, and what I believe about my life and where I am headed should I continue. Then again, there isn't much going on in my life to consider going a different or more uplifting route.

No comments:

Post a Comment